Monday, February 24, 2014

Mini Reviews - 2 Recent Products

OK…I have some sad news. My initial thoughts on the Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara have changed. Don't get me wrong…the initial results of this mascara are beautiful! But as the day wore on, it flaked so badly!! So sad. And mind you, this is only my experience. I will try layering my trusted Covergirl Clump Crusher to help separate and add a small layer to stop flaking. Will report back on that one.

Update: It definitely seemed to help! There were a few flakes, but nothing compared to the mascara being worn alone. However, because of the flaking, I don't think I'll be purchasing a full size. Sorry, Too Faced!

Photo Credit: Sephora
Next is the Revlon Age Defying Firming + Lifting Foundation. Holy Moses. I didn't really have high hopes for this foundation. I thought it may be too 'dewy' for me. I usually prefer a more semi-matte finish. But this blew me away! I have normal to dry skin and this felt so light and moisturizing with a good medium coverage. As with any foundation, I automatically pick up the lightest shade (I'm Irish and Danish - result? 'porcelain' skin). I was struggling between the two lightest shades and decided to go with the lightest (05 Fresh Ivory). Funnily enough, it is just a hair too dark for me (story of my life). But not enough to where it's uber noticeable. 
If this ever happens to you, please make sure to just blend it down your neck so it looks seamless. No one likes noticeable foundation lines. On the opposite end of the spectrum, if a foundation is too light for you, just warm it up with some bronzer. If you are in between colors, always go with the lighter option!

Photo Credit: Ulta
Long story short, the Revlon Age Defying Firming + Lifting Foundation has definitely become my new go-to everyday foundation. Especially for the tail end of these dry winter months.

No comments:

Post a Comment