Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The Beauty Sponge Showdown



It's here ladies (and gents), the final verdict. The Battle of the Beauty Sponges!

In the red corner, the Beauty Blender. Coming in at $19.95, a staple of mine for a good 6+ months. Until recently, undefeated in quality and durability. Often imitated, never duplicated....until now!

In the blue corner, the $5.99 Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge. A recent discovery, I decided to take the plunge and buy 2 during the Ulta 20% off sale. And at $5.99, who wouldn't, am I right?

Upon first inspection, the Real Techniques sponge does feel a bit harder than the Beauty Blender. But once it hits the water, it is just as amazing! Instead of being rounded on one side like the BB, the RT sponge has a flat portion that is wonderful for the larger parts of your face (i.e cheeks and forehead). Like the BB, it has a pointed end that is lovely for around the nose and under the eyes. Great for concealer!

To me, they are both amazing and I will continue using them both. However, I don't think I would ever repurchase the Beauty Blender. $5.99 vs. $19.95? It's a no brainer!

Note: Please forgive my dirty sponges! I was in quite a rush to get this post up :)



Displaying photo.JPG
Real Techniques (Left) vs. Beauty Blender (Right)

No comments:

Post a Comment