Monday, March 24, 2014

Dual Review - Rimmel Scandaleyes Liquid Liner & MUFE Smoky Extravagant Mascara

Rimmel Scandaleyes Micro Eyeliner
Photo Credit: FeelUnique
I was so excited to try the new Rimmel Scandaleyes Micro Eyeliner. I'm always looking for an applicator that offers enough precision to get a super thin, exact wing that glides on effortlessly and is easily built up.

I thought I had found the perfect drugstore liner. The Rimmel Scandaleyes Micro Eyeliner has a firm, precise applicator that glides on smoothly without tugging. Not to mention the comfort grip on the handle. The pigment does however leave something to be desired as it is not as black as I would prefer it to be. 

The problem, however, was that this liner did not last at all! It broke down throughout the day and smudged at the edges. I did not set it with a black eyeshadow (as I'm often apt to do) which could make a difference. But alone, it did not pass the test. For me, this was a flop. 



 MUFE Smoky Extravagant Mascara
Photo Credit: Sephora
I received a sample of the Makeup Forever Smoky Extravagant mascara as part of my birthday gift from Sephora. Normally, I'm not a huge advocate of investing in high end mascaras. Something like mascara has such a short shelf life and there are so many great options at the drugstore. But who says no to free samples?

I was pretty impressed with this mascara! The wand kind of scared me initially. It almost looked too large to do anything except make a mess. I was mistaken. It really lengthened my lashes and although a rather wet formula, didn't weigh them down too much. I wouldn't say this was extremely volumizing on my lashes, but definitely helped a bit. For $24 (Sephora) though, I don't know if it would compel me to ditch my other great drugstore mascaras. So I say that it's a great mascara, but not great enough to shell out the money. I'll finish my sample, enjoy it while I can, and move on.









No comments:

Post a Comment