Friday, April 25, 2014

Fiddle Leaf Fig Tree

I have been on the hunt for a Fiddle Leaf Fig ever since I caught a glimpse of one during one of my scrolling Pinterest mornings. Then, seeing one of my favorite beauty bloggers add one into her home, I knew I needed to find one for my own.

It was rather difficult to find one, however. Both my local Home Depot and Lowes did not have them; nor did they think they would stock them. This past weekend, I wanted to visit our local nursery to get some ideas for our backyard re-do. And what would you know, in the greenhouse, in the back left corner, was a little family of Fiddle Leaf Figs! I was probably too excited, but can you blame me?? It is the new it plant of the year ;). What I particularly like about the F.L.F is that it is quite a different looking house plant. And the large leaves, while large and rather imposing, make the overall shape sculptural and beautiful. 

Along with a bargain $20 pot picked up at Home Depot, Winston (yes, I named it) came home with us! He has the perfect corner to grow into. And I'm quite looking forward to it.






No comments:

Post a Comment