Friday, February 28, 2014

Feeling a Little Green

It's in the negative single digits here in the Midwest, so in an effort to at least have Spring in some way, I decided to use the Boots No. 7 Stay Perfect Smoothing Eyeshadow in Pale Green. 

Let's get started! Firstly, I wasn't very impressed with the quality of the Boots No. 7 shadow. It's not very creamy and once blended out, really loses it's pigmentation. So along with being much sheerer than I thought it would be, it almost takes on a neon green quality. Not really up my alley.

So, after not being happy with the color, it was time to bring in some help. Enter the Wet n Wild Comfort Zone palette. I used the green shadow all over the lid and then the black color to define the crease. (it's aptly named 'Crease'..ha ha)
For liner I used the Revlon Colorstay liquid liner in black. It's not as pigmented as my Stila liner, and the applicator is a bit thicker which doesn't make for such a precise line. But hey, it gets the job done!


Next was mascara, and holy moses! I picked up the Physician's Formula Organic Wear mascara in the metallic green leaf tube and today was the first day I used it alone. I absolutely LOVE it! It lengthens and volumizes and separates…without looking clumpy. Oh my, all I can say…is pick this puppy up!

Sorry for the flake left over from my lash curler, oopsies!
Just look at those lashes! Ba-bam!

Next, we curl those the lashes. It's amazing the difference it makes! Note the photos:
No curl

Curl
And finally, time for the lips. Sticking with the spring palette, I slapped on the new Maybelline Color Sensational lipstick in Ravishing Rose. I topped it off with L'Oreal Le Gloss in Baby Blossom.


This look is just fresh and light. Loving it! Not to mention it makes the green eyes pop! I'm glad I stepped out of my comfort zone for this one!

Other products used:

-Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation in Rose Ivory
-Illamasqua Cream Pigment in Hollow
-Benefit Hoola Bronzer
-L'Oreal True Match blush in Baby Blossom


No comments:

Post a Comment