Monday, February 24, 2014

This Weekend's Haul

Well, after seeing photos from Maybelline's Spring 2014 Collection, I made a point to head out to get my hands on some of it -- mainly the limited edition Color Tattoos. So here's my loot -- 



 Product 1 - Physicians Formula Nude Wear Blush in Natural



The packaging is just adorable. And swirled together, the 4 colors create a beautiful milky baby pink. Perfect for a subtle spring flush!

Product 2 - L'Oreal Colour Riche Le Gloss in Baby Blossom #151


 Again, it's a milky baby/peachy pink. I love this formula of gloss because it's very pigmented and feels comfortable on the lips. I have a feeling this will be the perfect 'topper' gloss for a lot of lip colors.

Product 3 - L'Oreal Visible Lift Color Lift Blushes in #703 Pink Lift/Rose & #702 Peach Gold Lift


Holy moly. Head straight to your Target and pick one of these blushes up before they are gone! My Target had these on clearance. Originally $12, marked down to $4. I've never tried this particular line of blushers from L'Oreal so the clearance price was obviously an incentive. When we got into the car, I broke these out immediately to swatch. Good Lordy, these are so soft and pigmented. I am in love. And the best news yet is that there is a potential dupe for a particularly idolized blush! Stay tuned…

Product 4 - Maybelline Dare To Go Nude Spring 2014 Lipstick in #975 Ravishing Rose 

Wait for it, I know you'll be shocked. Another milky baby pink color! But seriously, this color will be fabulous for spring and the formula is smooth. Although I will say, make sure your lips are decently moisturized before applying because this will cling to any dry parts of your lips. And the smell…let's just say it takes me back to ceramics studio in college…throwing clay on the wheel. And for some reason, I find it appealing. Who knows, but do make note that it does have a stronger scent.

Product 5 - Maybelline Dare to Go Nude Spring 2014 Color Tattoos in #90 Nude Compliment, #100 Caramel Cool and #95 Sleep & Spice


I was most excited for these products. I'm a big fan of the Maybelline Color Tattoos in general and when I saw that this collection was a nudes collection…oh boy, it was like the Ravens winning the Super Bowl all over again. Well, maybe not that exciting, but you get it. The colors I chose were great everyday colors for me (I picked up 3 of the 6). Mine are definitely the mid range colors. The other 3 consist of 2 light beiges and a very dark charcoal. As usual, these swatch beautifully and are very creamy. I prefer the texture of these more than the MAC Paint Pots for this reason. And the staying power is insane, especially for the darker colors (obviously).
Swatched
After trying to wipe them off

Note: The Maybelline products were found at CVS, the rest are from Target. My Target did not have the Spring 2014 collection on the shelves yet.



Bonus: I picked up this Lilly Pulitzer iPad case at TJ Max for $10!


No comments:

Post a Comment