Monday, March 31, 2014

I'm Officially on a No Buy For Awhile

Well, this weekend we drove an hour to get to Trader Joe's (basically our fav grocer) to stock up on must have items (like turkey bacon and frozen fish). Of course, we stopped at the mall and Nordstrom Rack. Because, why not, right? 

JCrew was having their Extra 40% Off Sale, and being a Saturday, the store was PACKED. Which, to be honest, gives me terrible anxiety because the majority of people do not have public courtesy or space respecting abilities. So, I ended up leaving with 2 pairs of earrings (in the black boxes), a necklace and a super cute/cozy tee. All 4 items after discount were under $30. Hubbles picked up a very cute...I mean, very cool...l/s baseball tee.

At Anthro, after several sideways glances from Hubbles and shamelessly putting items on hold I almost knew I wouldn't be back for, I walked out with another pair of earrings. Because Lord forbid I ever have naked lobes!

Of course I had to stop into Sephora. Where, funnily enough, I was complimented on my hot pink ballet flats 3 times in less than 5 minutes. I go into super sensory overload when I walk into a Sephora and have to stop myself from spending copious amounts of time at every display. Luckily, I went in with a plan and picked up another Ambient Lighting Blush in Dim Infusion as well as another Ambient Lighting Powder in Luminous Light. I am in love the Ambient Powders from Hourglass and am so happy to add these to my collection.

I had a return at Macys and made a bee line for the MAC counter as I had my sights on the MSF (Mineralized Skin Finish) in Soft and Gentle. Sadly, they were out. But my new favorite sales associate (who is probably the most fabulous person I have ever met) suggested the pigment in 'Naked' as a substitute. She said it 'was her jam' and lo and behold, a swatch on my hand sold me. This is going to be a gorgeous highlight! Or eyeshadow!

Nordstrom Rack was more of a success for Hubbles. He walked out with a new pair of Joe's, some workout clothes and socks. I stumbled upon the Stila Artist Essentials Set (part of their 2013 holiday collection) for a mere $36 (if I remember correctly). Such a steal! As well as a basic slvls black blouse -- because you can never have enough of those, right?

A stop in TJ Maxx, and I spotted a NYX lip gloss trio. I love their mega shine glosses, and mine in Beige is definitely on it's last legs. This trio not only has the ever popular Beige (that's not really a beige color at all) as well as 2 other colors (Sugar Pie and Nude Peach) for only $7.99. One normally retails for around $5. Such a steal, and they smell a-mazing...like cherries. 





















2 comments:

  1. Wow you know how to find some steals! Love all the earrings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes the good joojoo is flowing! lol Sometimes...not so much. Which I'm sure my bank account appreciates more :)

      Delete