Monday, March 31, 2014

The Importance of a Thank You Note

Personal thoughts for the day--I feel in this day and age, people are losing their sense of decorum. Certain social niceties are being lost or forgotten and I'm here to do my part to help try and resurrect one form of social nicety: the thank you note.

Growing up, my mother was very Emily Post. Thank you notes were one of the things she always insisted upon, and up until a certain age, she also insisted on proof reading. I am forever grateful to her for this and always make sure to have my thank you notes written and mailed within a couple weeks of the gift or event in which they are in response to. 

I'm here to plead that everyone, if you aren't already, please begin this habit. It shows gratitude and effort on your part to acknowledge what the recipient has done for you -- a little act with a big impact! 

I picked up these new thank you notes at Target today. Now who wouldn't want to send and/or receive these precious little things?!


No comments:

Post a Comment