Thursday, March 20, 2014

NYX has come to CVS

Last night, Hubbles and I ran into our local CVS to make a return. Little did I know that within a few days of being there, they added NYX cosmetics! I'm a fan of NYX and immediately knew it was going to be a longer than normal visit. Sadly, their selection from the pretty broad range is rather small. But I did pick up a couple of things…

-- NYX Rouge Cream Blush in CB11 Boho Chic -- super creamy! Almost a lipgloss consistency. Color payoff is quite nice. With a stippling brush it would be ideal for dryer skin. Great for the warmer months as well.
-- NYX Wonder Pencil in WP01 Light -- I've seen this product on blogs and Youtube for a few months. The idea is that this can used as an eye brightener (on the water line), as a spot concealer and as a reverse lip liner (line outside the lips to keep color from bleeding or feathering). Excited to give this one a go!
-- NYX Slide On, Glide on, Stay On & Definitely A Turn On Water Proof Extreme Shine Eyeliner -- Now that is a name! Geesh! Anywho, upon swatching, this wasn't as dark as I would like it to be. But luckily I wouldn't say this is 'extreme shine'. I like to use these types of creamy eye pencils to tight line, and staying power is key! This one could be a good one. I tried smudging it almost immediately after swatching, and it was almost totally set. Good sign!








No comments:

Post a Comment