Monday, April 21, 2014

The Cheap Alternative to Cleanser Solids

We've all heard of the miracle of makeup sponges. Especially the Beauty Blender, which has such a cult following. Myself, I'm a total convert to the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge (you can read my post comparing the two here). 

Beauty Blender sells their own brand of cleaner- a liquid and solid form. Personally, I find solid forms to be easier and last longer. The two cleansers are sold at $15.95 (solid) and $17.95 (liquid) at Sephora. A bit pricey for something you need to use every time you want to use your sponge. Sidenote: you're meant to wash it before every use.

Well, thanks to Melissa Raymond via YouTube, I discovered quite the cost effective solution: Dr. Bronner's Lavendar Bar Soap and a travel soap dish! I buy Dr. Bronner's soap at my local grocer (in the health food aisle) for under $5. And a travel soap dish you can buy for under $2 almost anywhere!  The soap lathers extremely well to give the sponges a deep clean. Not to mention it smells amazing! And after you're done, close it up and leave it on the side of your sink. I usually get about 1.5-2 months from 1 bar of soap. Comparatively speaking, the Beauty Blender solid is 1oz and Dr. Bronner's Soap is .5oz. So the value still lies with Dr. Bronner's! 

So save those pennies and invest in Dr. Bronner's !



No comments:

Post a Comment