Thursday, May 1, 2014

Best of the Drugstore -- For the Face


Revlon Age Defying Firming + Lifting Foundation  $12.99

Now, I have dry skin. So this dewy finish formula may not be the best for those on the oilier side. But if you're on the dry side, you will love, love, love this formula! It doesn't settle into any fine lines and after being set with powder, lasts me all day. My only gripe is that their lightest shade is still a tad too dark. But this is not a new thing for me, sadly. Luckily, summer is right around the corner!

Revlon Colorstay Foundation  $9.99

If I know I'm going to be out all day...and outside too...this is always the foundation I will grab. A semi matte finish that lasts for ages and ages. Although I will say, be careful with how much you can apply, because this thick, full coverage foundation can easily turn into a mask! This will definitely be getting used more as the summer approaches!

L'Oreal Miracle Blur  $19.99

Talk about a heavy duty miracle working primer! I wear this under my foundation to fill in pores and fine lines so the foundation goes on smoothly! Although next time, I'm definitely going to buy the oil free formula! You can even wear it alone just to even out your skin's appearance.

Maybelline FitMe Concealer  $4.49
The best drugstore foundation for everything except the under eye area! It's a thicker formula with high coverage that's great for any blemishes or around the nose. It really reminds me of the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer.

L'Oreal Magic Lumi Highlighting Concealer  $10.99

Not only is this my go to under eye highlighting concealer, it's also great for down the bridge of the nose, on the cheek bones, middle of your forehead and above the cupid's bow. It's the best brightening  'I just got 12 hours of sleep' highlighting concealer!

Physician's Formula Bronze Booster Bronzer in Light to Medium  $14.99

This is a newer discovery of mine. I never thought I would stray from my high end bronzers because, as someone with fair skin, it is very difficult to find the right shade of contour that's not too orange or muddy on my skin. Consider that no longer a problem. This almost creamy formula, while it looks like it would be on the warmer side, transfers onto the skin as the perfect contour shade that blends out beautifully on the skin.

ELF Studio Blushes $3.00

So pigmented and applies so smoothly! And at $3, it is easy to amass quite the collection of these blushes! The only negative is that some shades are a bit chalkier than others and they aren't super long lasting. Personal Favorites? Mellow Mauve and Candid Coral.

NYX Powder Blushes  $5.99

Hands down the best blushes at the drugstore!! The color is so pigmented and smooth, not chalky at all. And they last for quite some time! The shade range is incredible as well. CVS is now carrying NYX, so head on over and pick up a few of these! Personal Favorites? Angel and Dusty Rose


L-R: Physician's Formula Bronze Booster -- ELF Studio Blush in Candid Coral and Mellow Mauve -- NYX Blush in Angel and Dusty Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment