Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Maybelline Eye Studio Quads -- Legendary & Mad For Mauve


I always stop in the makeup aisle at my local grocer. While they are slow to get (or never get) new products, it seems they almost always have sales within every brand! This week, the Maybelline Eye Studio quads were on sale for $5 or $6...either way I thought it was a good deal and decided to give them a whirl. I picked up 2 -- Legendary (a purple quad) and Mad For Mauve (which ironically only has one color that I would consider mauve-like...but it's still not mauve).
Of course, when I got home I broke into them immediately. I've had Maybelline little eye palettes in the past and have never been impressed; often finding them to be chalky. Not such the case with these. They have great pigmentation, blend really well and not into one muddled color...as their older counterparts would do. 

Overall, I am very impressed! I was finding good drugstore eyeshadows harder to come by...a little bit of hope has been restored! So far I have only used the Legendary palette...stay tuned for a look using this beautiful purple quad :).


Mad For Mauve

Legendary
A look using the Legendary quad

                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment