Friday, May 9, 2014

Reaching VIB Rouge Status


It happened. I achieved VIB Rouge status at Sephora...and my wallet did not thank me. Luckily, my vanity did. And I am more than underwhelmed on the perks of achieving said status.

For those who don't know, VIB Rouge is Sephora's new level of membership in which you attain by spending more than $1,000 in a calendar year. Their perks are the following:

- Access to exclusive VIB Rouge events
- Free 3 day shipping on every order
- Special gifts (mainly seasonal)
- Unlimited access to their beauty studio on the house
*these are on top of their Beauty Insider and VIB perks

Now, all of these are well and good. However, I live an hour from my nearest Sephora. So special events and access to the Beauty Studio are basically out of the question. It's nice if you live within a reasonable distance. But it's not as if you're going to be going in to have your makeup done everyday. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of buying your own products? 

Within the 'welcome' kit, you receive a mini Bite lipstick in a shade exclusive to VIB Rouge members. It's a lovely thought, and an even lovelier red shade. However, it is tiny. The package is 2" long, and the actual lipstick is 1". It's a doll lipstick. But not to worry, you can buy the full size for $28. Meanwhile, their other lipsticks in the range are only $24. So you spend a boat load of money to access the product and pay $4 more. Strange. 

I will say though, Bite Beauty is a fabulous range. They manufacture their products with food grade ingredients -- which are super safe for consumption. Because let's face it, we end up ingesting our lipstick. I'm sorry ladies, but it's true.

I was hoping to get a discount card of 10% or more within the welcome kit. Because you do receive such a thing with the VIB welcome kit. But sadly, only the Barbie sized lipstick was there. Frankly, I'd like to do a swap for the coupon, let's be real.

Overall, while I am infinitely happy with the products that got me to this level--the 'perks' that come with this badge of overspending leave much to be desired. Let's step it up a bit, Sephora!






No comments:

Post a Comment