Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Face of the Day using Maybelline Caramel Cool -- Wednesdate

It's Wednesdate FOTD time! I decided to go a little darker today using the new Maybelline Color Tattoo in Caramel Cool from their Dare to Go Nude collection. 

Let's get started…

*Disclaimer -  you know those days when you try to even out your wings and they keep getting bigger until you just give up and accept the gargantuan but still publicly acceptable eyeliner? Yeah, today was one of them.

I started with my new favorite foundation Revlon Age Defying Firming + Lifting in 05 Fresh Ivory. I then used the Maybelline Dream Lumi in Radiant under my eyes and spot concealed with the Maybelline Fit Me concealer in Fair.

Next, I placed the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Caramel Cool all over my lid and along my lower lash line -- 


This base is absolutely beautiful and will be particularly great in the spring and summer. Not to mention, it really makes green and blue eyes pop!



Next I took Downtown from the Kat Von D True Romance Palette in Saint on top of the color tattoo to give it a bit more shimmer and dimension. Then to define the crease, I used Sable from the Lorac Pro Palette and Espresso in the outer v and blended that into the crease as well.





 Next comes eyeliner. And of course, I used my Stila Stay All Day Liquid Liner in black. And as you already know, the liner turned out a bit more…dramatic…than originally intended. Oh well! We'll make it work…



Then we have some coffee…



I used the L'Oreal Voluminous Full Definition mascara and curled my lashes after it set. (I know this isn't the most popular order of operations, but it works for my lashes). I also tight lined with Maybelline Master Studio liner in Midnight….something. Point is, it's a black eyeliner.



I finished the look contouring with Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer in Light/Medium and NYX blush in Angel (great for fair skinned gals!).

Some of the products:


And then I decided to curl my hair. Because I had an extra maybe 30 minutes until I had to leave…sorry for the orange bathroom lighting! At least it makes me look tan!….yeah, buddy!

Top is from Anthropologie…and is definitely maybe 2+ years old. The neckline reminds me of a ballerina leotard. I think it's very flattering on almost everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment