Friday, March 14, 2014

Maroon Smokey Look --- Great for Green Eyes

I rarely get to go all out and put on a dramatic smokey eye, but I decided today was the day! I decided to put a twist on the classic smokey eye and use dark maroon shades --  to really make my green eyes pop. But this look would flatter any eye color! So let's get started…


 I started with my new L'Oreal True Match Foundation in N1 Soft Ivory (review to follow) and Maybelline FitMe concealer in Fair. Then set it all with Nars Light Reflecting Setting Powder. I contoured with Benefit's Hoola and for blusher used L'Oreal's Visible Lift blush in Pink Lift.

And onto the fun part -- the eyes. I started with Maybelline's Color Tattoo in Pomegranate Punk for a base on the lid and along the lower lash line. Next, I used Rimmel's Scandaleyes Eyeshadow Paint in Pomegranate (I'm seeing a name theme here) for a stronger and creamier color. 




To define the crease, I used Espresso from my beloved Lorac Pro Palette and used White from the same palette as a brow bone highlight.




Time for liner, and not surprisingly, I used Stila's Stay All Day liquid liner to apply my signature wing!



Now for the finishing touches! For mascara, I picked Physician's Formula Organic Wear.


And for lippies, I used my new Rimmel Kate lipstick in 17 Rossetto and topped it with Rimmel's Stay Glossy lipgloss in 3007.







No comments:

Post a Comment