Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Bronze and Contour for Fair Skin



Ladies with fair skin have some of the worst luck when it comes to face products. Many foundations often aren't made with a light enough shade. Not to mention bronzers/contours almost always are too dark and/or orange to pass for anywhere near natural! I am one of these ladies, and over the years have discovered my little arsenal of fair skinned friendly contour and bronzing products.
So if you're in the same boat, grab an oar and let's get this journey started….

Cream Contour

The best cream contour color for fair skin is actually a cream eyeshadow! (Yes, really.) The Illamasqua Cream Pigment in Hollow, $26 at Sephora



This is the most natural, flattering shade to contour fair skin because of the ashy undertone. Ashy undertones mimic the ideal 'shadow' color. I stumbled upon this product via a Youtuber (shocker) about  6 months ago and haven't looked back! I like to apply with one of two Real Techniques brushes (1) the Contour brush or (2) the Duo-Fiber Contour brush…
Top: Contour Brush Bottom: Duo-Fiber Contour Brush

Another great cream product for contouring is the Maybelline Fit Me foundation stick, $6.99 Target. I recently wrote a post describing my shade and showing my application technique. Click here to get the low down on this easy and affordable alternative to a cream contour!


Bronzers

I was thrilled to bits when Too Faced came out with a light/medium version of their much loved Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzer, $30 at Sephora. Firstly, it smells like chocolate. And secondly it is a beautiful matte color that works so well setting the previously used cream contour. And still is able to be used to warm up the rest of the face.


Next up, we have one of Benefit's Boxed Powders in Hoola, $28 at Sephora. I was pleasantly surprised to find that this boxed bronzer is super natural and perfect for fair skin. It is matte, which again is perfect for setting a cream contour and blending out. As well as warming up the rest of your face. Sidenote: DO NOT throw away the brush that comes with this bronzer. This brush is absolutely perfect for getting under your cheekbones and using the product for a super precise line - 'chiseling' out your cheekbones. I'm equating it to the shape and function of the Nars ITA brush.



And finally, we have the well loved and probably most purchased bronzer ever…Nars Laguna, $38 Sephora. At first, I thought this bronzer was going to be too dark. Don't get me wrong, it is the darkest bronzer I use. But even so, the color still works and can be sheered out beautifully. I will say, it does have a hint of a shimmer, so I would steer away from using this to contour. But as an everyday 'been to the beach' all over glow, it is perfect!



No comments:

Post a Comment